Actually by profession I am a application developer and deals in developments in web and desktop. More interestingly I spent my time in writing logic’s and db and end user GUI management. But now in my new company we don’t have a designer so I am doing a designer job too and sharing my experience in form of a blog. So here is my small blog with few css important points and elements. I will keep on updating this post.
Point 1: Never design a page using table tags always use div.
Actually By using table tags you are just limiting your design scope.Because init you will have to keep every element inside a TD tag and then handling every elements by TDusing colspan & rowspan and giving every TD different width and height or giving TD an ID or class and then handling thoes TD on css page is a complete mess. Moreover if place a DIV inside TD the whole look of your website will be ruptured in Internet Explorer and Opera. But may work fine with Chrome and Mozilla browser.
1. Margin: margin-left , margin-right, margin-top, margin-bottom
2. Padding: margin-left , margin-right, margin-top, margin-bottom
4. Opacity: Range 0.0 to 1.0
5. Filter: Range 0 to 100 Specially for Internet explorer
6. Float: left, right
7. Position: static, relative, absolute, fixed
8. Vertical-algin: middle, top, bottom, inherit, text-top, text-bottom http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_vertical-align&preval=50%25
9. line-height: px and % used to blur or darken text or setting gap between 2 consecutive dlines.
10. white-space: nowrap , will remove all enter.